Buckeye Blends Minty Peas & Olives
- Dish Type: Vegetables
- Season: All Year, Spring
- Prep time: 5 minutes
- Cook time: 40 minutes
- Serves: 4
- 4 Tbsp Garlic California Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 large leek finely sliced
- Salt and ground pepper to taste
- 2 cups of peas (can or fresh)
- 1/3 cup of green olives finely sliced
- 1 tsp of fresh dill
- 2 tsp of fresh mint leaves finely chopped
- 5 cups of chicken broth
- 1/2 cup of Mozzarella shredded (optional)
- Heat oil and saute the leek with a pinch of salt over medium-high heat.
- Add the peas, olives, dill, mint, and chicken broth; stir well.
- Cover and simmer for about 10 to 12 minutes over medium heat.
- Taste and adjust the salt and pepper.
- Serve the pea soup into bowls, and sprinkle with Mozzarella cheese.