Buckeye Blends Italian Seafood Risotto
- Dish Type: Seafood, Nut Free
- Season: All Year
- Cook time: 30 minutes
- Serves: 4 to 5
- Place the squid rings, salt, pepper, and olive oil in a large container; toss to combine well.
- Heat threetablespoonsof olive oil and sauté the squid rings in a pan in small batches until golden.
- Then, add the Italian sambuca or anise-flavored liqueur; stir.
- Cook for about two minutes until the alcohol evaporates.
- Remove the squid from the pan and transfer it to a bowl.
- In the same pan, add two tablespoonsof olive oil and sauté the onion and garlic for about 2 minutes.
- Add the rice to the pan; sauté for about two minutes.
- Add the wine and cook for two minutes; stir.
- Add the vegetable broth or water; stir for about two minutes.
- Cook for about 18 to 20 minutes over low heat or until the water is soaked up.
- Remove from the heat and add remaining oil and grated parmesan; give a good stir and add the squid rings.
- Add the butter and grated parmesan. Stir and then add the calamari.
- Serve with finely chopped parsley.