Buckeye Blends Balsamic Chicken and Veggies
- Dish Type: Main Course, Chicken, Vegetables
- Season: All Year
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 15 minutes
- Serves: 4 - 6
Balsamic Sauce Ingredients
Chicken & Veggies Ingredients
- Whisk the balsamic sauce ingredients together in a medium bowl. Add to a bowl or freezer bag with the chopped chicken; set aside to marinate while you chop the veggies and steam the sweet potatoes (up to 30 minutes at room temp or 4 hours in the fridge).
- Add chopped sweet potatoes to a microwave safe bowl with a lid. Add water it reaches ¼-inch up the sides. Cover and microwave for 5-7 minutes or until fork tender; drain and set aside.
- Add olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté chicken for 1 minute then add shallot and cook just until the outside of the chicken is no longer pink. Add the asparagus, and tomatoes and cook an additional 1-2 minutes or until asparagus are crisp-tender.
- Add the sweet potatoes back to the skillet. Cook, stirring constantly, until chicken is cooked through and the sauce is thickened, about 1 minute. Taste and add brown sugar for sweeter, balsamic or lemon juice for tangier. Enjoy!